Monday, March 16, 2009

Wind Power

I heard a while ago that the big windmills people use to generate electricity kill a lot of birds because they get sliced by the blades as they turn and that people who live close to them are extra sensitive to heat. Today I sat in a chair and felt static electricity; how much more sensitivity would I have felt if I were next to bunch of electric generating windmills?
It makes me sad to think that this is a measure- one of many - that the government throws our money towards without thoroughly thinking through the consequences. If we had thought through the consequences of subsidizing corn to be used for gasoline would the world be in this crazy economic state? Would it be easier to feed the creatures around the world since food would be less and it would not cost so much to feed animals?
Hmmm...Lord have mercy! I pray for the leaders -especially in government- to be submitted to Jesus Christ and to get wisdom and use it for good and for God's will to be done and His kingdom to come in Jesus' name. Amen

No comments: